Point out an unwanted behavior, and its solving action.
#Tone and Voice
Errors aren't the happy path we want our users to follow. They usually trigger frustration, and can lead to ticket openings. When designing error messages, it is our responsibility to transmit both Seriousness and Authority. We understand that there's a problem, we recognize the trouble it causes, so we immediately indicate a solving action. Remember that we never alarm users, we soothe their anxieties. Cordiality is also a strategic aspect when writing error messages.
- Completing the task is the main focus. Our role is to assure that the user will finish the original task, providing enough information to do it.
- Should be expressed in plain language (no codes), precisely indicate the problem, and constructively suggest a solution.
- The user needs to know exactly what happened. Even if we work to assure full SLA, things can fail. There are even some scenarios that are beyond our direct control. Because of this, it’s extremely important that our users understand what is blocking them to finish their tasks.
- Errors must be actionable. As users understand what is happening, we need to give them proper following actions.
- We should always calm the user, not cause more stress.
- We encourage the use of possessive adjectives or pronouns in sentences, as long as they don't exceed the limited space for text, in the UI. They reinforce the idea that users should feel connected with their VTEX environment, and feel they belong. It shows the respect we have towards their store.
- Prefer direct sentences, without passive voice.
- Use sentence case.
- Add punctuation at the end of each sentence.
- Maximum of 3 sentences.
Sorry, we couldn't find this page
The content you are looking for was not found or does not exist anymore.
Please check the web address, or return to the Admin Home.
Sorry, we couldn't find this page. Please check the web address, or return to the Admin Home.
Sorry, you don't have access to this page
It seems that you don't have permission to access this page.
Please contact your system adminstrator to check your user permissions.
Sorry, you don't have access to this page. Please contact your system administrator.
Sorry, something went wrong on our side
It seems that an internal error has occurred on our system. Please, try again, or refresh the page.
If the problem persists, access our Status Page or get in touch with our support. ERROR 5XX
Sorry, somenthing went wrong on our side. Please, try again, or refresh the page.